Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Thrift Store Project: 1

I am starting a project! It is called the Thrift Store Project. Here's how it works: I'm trying to save money, so this entire summer I am only letting myself buy clothes from thrift stores. This will not only be cheaper but it will force me to sew more because they will obviously need to be refashioned! 

**note: I'm also allowed to buy fabric because that's technically not clothing :)

Last week I spotted this little number at DI:


Precious, right? I decided it would make an ADORABLE maxi skirt. I cut off the top of the dress, then added elastic for the waistband :) It was that simple! Here is the result:


Now lets compare it to the only skirt from a store I could find that looked similar:
Jean Paul Gaultier $341

How much did I save? $333 :)


Cheers to a summer of lots of saving and sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment